This creative laboratory, which provides space for young artists – especially art university graduates – has been running since 2003. Within the Czech Republic, Archa is the only theatre which offers space and financial support to young artists, helping them to kickstart a truly liberated artistic development. In the 10-year history of the residency programme, artists such as the creative duo Skutr, choreography tandem VerTeDance, a prominent figure of the Czech beatbox scene Jaro Cossiga, La Putyka’s artistic director Rostislav Novák, theatre directors Magda Stojowska and Tereza Durdilová or Spielraum Kollektiv (Linda and Mathias Straub) have all taken advantage of this opportunity to create freely.
Following the success of the first Archa Theatre International Summer School, the management of Archa Theatre has decided to run Archa.lab, a short-term residency programme for young international and domestic artists.
SZ Taneční grupa – Principy komunikace
Short-term residencies 2019 presentations:
- Huyen Vi Tranová and Rosa Malinská ( (CZ) – Tears of a Giant / 18 February 2019
- Anna Klimešová (CZ) and coll — I shall go into a hare, With sorrow and sych and meickle care / 6 May 2019
- Kadınlar: Daisy Alexander, Millie Done, Çiğdem Erdöl, Varja Hrvatin – Ščegetavček / 3 June 2019
- Kristýna Doležalová (CZ) and Lily Carmen Smith – The Calm After the Storm / 17 June 2019
- July Yang (China) – The Drifters / CANCELLED DUE TO TECHNICAL REASONS
Short-term residencies 2018 presentations:
More information on the artist residency programme: Jana Svobodová, Artistic Director at Archa.lab / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org